Recently, we had problems with a mole in the kitchen garden beds. He was undermining all the plants, in his relentless pursuit to munch through the worm rich compost I’d added.
I installed a sonic mole deterrent. This seemed to work in one patch, but the mole retreated to my sweetcorn area. Renee suggested windmills and onions. I planted the onions and garlic. These measures seemed to work. We have had no tunnels or mole hills since. Not proof that they worked, but I’m not about to remove them. I still wanted to try the windmill idea. Just for completeness. Or a belts and braces moment.
I could have bought some, but that would be just too easy and no fun. Well, the children would have enjoyed it, I guess. Far better to recycle. Yesterday, AJ had been disappointed that we could not put a tetra pack into our recycling bin. Our council does not recycle them. Today, as I was looking for something to make the windmills with, I remembered her question. Why not. We’ll just recycle it ourselves.
We cut. We hammered. We made a recycled windmill. There you are Mr Mole. No hard feelings.