Welcome to our blog.

….. Making pretty things
….. Simple living
….. Growing a family

Three children (17, 15, 13)*** Two parents *** one dog *** Country loving *** Cottage dwelling in the South-West of the UK. That’s us!

We’ve been blogging since January 2010, about everyday happenings that bring us joy.

Just a thought….

“A moment spent in wonder is worth a lifetime spent in awe.”

HIBS100 Index of Home and Interior Blogs
HIBS100

Sticky

Recent Comments

Please follow & like us :)

Creative

Looks at feet.

Have we done anything this week?

shuffles

Not an awful lot.

It’s true. I really cannot think of much. Apart from balancing my work with checking on school work being completed, life has been pretty straightforward. Garden is growing and enjoying the rain we’ve had this week. Various homegrown veg are making it into the kitchen. Front door has been stripped ready for re-painting. It is fairly routine. A definite upside to all this is, that it’s left time for a touch of creativity. Something that has been more of a struggle the last few months.

Both daughters have been experimenting when it’s their turn to make the evening meal. I wish I’d taken photos. Middle teen made a chicken noodle, while Eldest teen made sweet and sour chicken the next night. Both dishes looked and tasted amazing. I think they both genuinely enjoy taking over the kitchen. Youngest teen (still getting used to writing that) has his turn this weekend.

I’ve had time in the kitchen too. Finally got around to using a new baking tray I picked up a couple of weeks ago. It’s a silicon mini flan case from Lakeland Plastics. Very impressed. It baked my pastry and the custard in record time. I made mini custard pies, with either blueberries or rhubarb. I love the crinkled sides. Gives the tarts a more polished feel. They popped out of the tray no problem. Popular with everyone. I’ll be making more.

Also been busy creating plant pot hangers. Blast from the 70s, with a contemporary twist. I’ve got another post for this one, with a how to, this weekend.

I’m enjoying having more time to be creative, this week. It feels good for the soul and even better not to be stuck in a rut.

Joining in with Anne’s Word of the Week linky. Thank you for your birthday wishes to my new teen, last week!

Word of the Week linky

16 Responses to Creative

• It’s nice to have time to be creative. We’ve been trying new recipes in the kitchen this week too. Glad that your daughters’ meals went down so well and those mini custard tarts look very yummy. I love your colourful hand-made pot hangers too. #WotW

• Anne Sweet says:

Oh those tarts look so tasty! I could eat one (or two) right now for breakfast. I’m so glad you are doing a ‘how to’ for your macrame plant pot holders. I’d love to have a go, although I’m not sure where I would hang it. I’m glad you have had a creative week Mine has been quite creative too, but that’s only because I’ve had nothing to do other than sit and crochet, but I also managed a really good sweet and sour recipe this week. #wotw

• Craft Mother says:

They are very tasty. I’m making another batch today, although I’m out of blueberries. Mine in the greenhouse are starting to ripen, but I’m not sure I can wait that long. I need to take a few photos and the macrame pot tutorial should be up tomorrow. You sound like you’ve had a creative week too.

• Emma says:

It sounds like you’ve had the dream week! Home cooking by the family, baking and crafts. Just lovely ๐Ÿ™‚ Oh, and those custard tarts with rhubarb have inspired me! #wotw

• Craft Mother says:

Have to admit it is a treat when they cook. I’m around if they need to check anything, but otherwise they do it all themselves. The custard tarts are a real treat too.

• Those tarts had me drooling … even on a so-called quiet week you seem so busy, and things are happening all around in nature and in your garden. We have had a lot of rain in Ireland too, and at least it has been good for the garden/ #WotW

• Craft Mother says:

They are rather delicious, even if I say it myself. The sweetest, tastiest pastry with berry bursting yumminess. Darn! I’m off to make some more.

• Bekah says:

Your plant hangers look great! My youngest son has added some plants to his bedroom, and one of them needs to be hung up. I look forward to your post about the hanger. Maybe I can whip one up for him!
    Have a great weekend!!

• Craft Mother says:

You will certainly be able to make one. Some plants just need to be in a plant hanger. Sounds like you’ve raised a plant lover.

• Kim Carberry says:

We haven’t done much this past week either. Just the normal, plodding on with life.
    It sounds like your garden is doing really well.
    Well done your girls for helping with the cooking. It sounds like they did great.
    Those mini custard pies look amazing. x

• Karen says:

Those tarts do look nice ๐Ÿ˜€ Our week has been pretty standard to be honest

• Catherine says:

Your custard pies look delicious and what a great idea to make them with blueberries – we’ve had lots in the garden this year so I’m going to give these a try ๐Ÿ™‚

#MMBC

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

CommentLuv badge

Photos
There have been cases when people lifted my photos and words, and used them without credit to me or asking permission first. Using them for their own commercial gain. I have now added a level of security to deter people from doing this. Apologies to people who do play nicely. If you would like to use any of my photos, please contact me.
Copyright notice:

All my words and photos are copyrighted to me. They cannot be used for commercial benefit by anyone else. If you would like to use any of them, then please ask me first and don’t just take. Written permission only. Don’t pass my words, photos or ideas off as your own. It’s not nice.

Cookie Policy

Our web pages do not use cookies however this website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. Google Analytics uses cookies to help us analyse how people use our site. The use of cookies by Google Analytics is subject to change.